Friday, June 3, 2011

Just One Atheist

I'm going to explain some things to some people, you know who you are.
  I am outspoken most of the time. There are times/situations when my loud mouth and confrontational personality could work against my goals, I realize that. There are some people who don't agree with my style. I hear things like "oh your podcast needs editing" No, my podcast does not 'need editing' it is just as I want it to be. It is unique. When I post a video of a friend who marched at a Memorial Day parade I see comments like "oh he is just as bad as the christians, antagonizing people" No it's not the same as a christian trying to bring you to jesus with a megaphone. The christian is trying to get you to believe in something that is based on old fairy tales, lies, and hypocrisy. An Atheist, if they are doing it right, is talking about reality. If a man comes to your door and wants you to buy insurance which only covers you when an alien spacecraft blows up your house with a purple laser, on Friday the 13th, in the year 2015, if it's raining, at night, are you going to hand over your money? No, you are probably going to( I hope) tell him to get fucked and slam the door, or laugh in his face, pointing with one hand and slowly closing the door with the other. If during a flood watch a guy comes to your house and offers flood insurance and  your coverage had lapsed the day before, all you need to do is sign the paperwork. Would you take him up on it?  There is a difference when what you are offering is something that is based on reality. If you already had current flood coverage the salesmen knocking on your door  would be a bit of an inconvenience but you couldn't really be too pissed because the people who did need his coverage would be helped by his actions.
 Let me make this clear MY PROBLEM IS WITH ORGANIZED RELIGIONS THAT ARE BASED ON FANTASY, AND INSIST ON DICTATING WHAT EVERYONE CAN SAY OR DO ACCORDING TO THEIR INTERPRETATION OF THAT FANTASY.  Anyones' personal beliefs are none of my concern as long as they  DO NOT HAVE A DIRECT SAY IN HOW I LIVE OR IN GOVERNMENT.
  Every time I think about how religion and stupidity put the brakes on stem cell research it makes me sick and angry. Not only have stem cells been able to help countless people, their potential is incredible. Stem cells are used to treat numerous conditions and grow human organs. They provide new hope to those who need transplants. Religion was a major factor in the ban on stem cells. Abortion is another issue religion has stuck it's fat nose of hypocrisy into. The catholics restricting birth control. The fact that gays don't share the same rights as anyone else. This is just a small sample of the ways religion has fucked people over.
  Most people don't give a lot of thought to religion but there are some who will push theirs into the lives of others at any opportunity. Look at how many school boards have had to fend off the teaching of something  that offers nothing to help the human race. Creationism can be broken down into two words "it's magic"
     Believing that things happen by magic is not how we have achieved medical and technological advances that boggle the mind.
  Like I said at the beginning of this .....Some people don't think I should be so outspoken but I see us coming to the point where religion does not have a stranglehold on our progress and our quality of life. I think some believers see it too and it has them worried. That worry has them doing any and everything to try and stop the wave of non believers working its way to the shore, it won't work.If I can help us get to that point any quicker by stirring up waves then that is exactly what I am going to do.
  As for anyone who does not like my style and thinks I should shut up, with all due respect.......
go ______ (insert action of your choice) yourself.
  

1 comment: